- Measure the height and width of your space before driving to the retail lot.
- Check for freshness. Green pine needles should never break when bent.
- Some Christmas tree species last longer and remain fresh longer than others in different climates. Ask your retailer which tree performs best in your climate.
- Store the tree in water in a cool, shady place until ready to bring indoors.
- Cut a quarter inch off of the trunk before placing it in water.
- Use one quart of water for every inch of diameter of the trunk; replenish frequently.
- Keep the tree away from heat sources (radiators, fireplaces, TV sets, computers).
- Test electrical devices (lights and decorations) before placing them on the tree.
If you don't have the means or the space required to enjoy a traditional Christmas tree, consider decorating a tree of Rosemary for Christmas.
Find a list of tree farms in the USA, by visiting the NCTA web site.
Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time with me. If you enjoyed this article, please post a comment so I will know. I will be delighted if you would suggest Gardens Inspired to your friends, follow me or subscribe to my Blog.
If you 'like' this post, please click the Google +1 box, below.